Terms & Conditions
We encourage your comments on Optima Health’s blogs and social media sites (“Social Media Sites”), and hope you will join the discussions. Due to the sheer volume or appropriateness of submitted content, we cannot respond to every comment, including those that deal with individual member cases and issues. We review comments before they are posted, and those that are not pertinent to the topic, pertain to personal medical questions or promote a commercial product generally will not be published. We also expect a minimum level of civility. It is expected that commenters will disagree. However, mutual respect is paramount, and profanity or abusive language will not be tolerated.
By posting any comments, posts or other material on the Social Media Sites, you consent and give Optima Health the irrevocable right and license to reproduce, record, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use any content that you provide for any purpose in any form and on any media. In addition, you represent to Optima Health that you own all rights to the content that you provide and have obtained all releases necessary to grant Optima Health these rights. Your use of the Social Media Sites is conditioned upon your agreement that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, racially, ethically or sexually hateful or offensive, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Optima Health in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties.
- Impersonate another person, or falsely represent your professional or other affiliation with any person or entity.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
Please do not post any information that could be considered protected health information, nonpublic personal financial or health information in violation of applicable state and federal laws (“Private Information”). Any submissions with Private Information or otherwise containing medical information about you or another person may be removed or your inquiry may be redirected to protect the privacy of all concerned. Please do not provide any personally identifying information to people you do not know.
Optima Health reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, racist, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, illegal or that encourages illegal conduct, disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to the blog feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog or social media feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these Terms and Conditions.
You agree that you will indemnify Optima Health and its employees, officers, directors and agents against any claims, demands, fines, damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material that you have posted.
All material including any link to other sites and content found at linked sites is provided “as is” and without any express or implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Due to the nature of the Internet, Optima Health does not warrant that access to the Social Media Sites will be uninterrupted or error free. Optima Health does not warrant or make any representations regarding the usefulness of or the expected results of the material contained on the Social Media Sites.
The health information on the Social Media Sites is provided by Optima Health solely for informational purposes as a public service to promote consumer health. It does not constitute medical advice and is not intended to be a substitute for proper medical care provided by a physician. Optima Health assumes no responsibility for any circumstances arising out of the use, misuse, interpretation or application of any information supplied on the Social Media Sites. Always consult with your doctor for appropriate examinations, treatment, testing, and care recommendations. Do not rely on information on the Social Media Sites as a tool for self-diagnosis.
You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on the Social Media Sites on the Internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in the city of Norfolk, Virginia. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
We reserve the right to make changes to the Social Media Sites and our Terms and Conditions. We encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions periodically for any updates or changes. Your continued access or use of the Social Media Sites shall be deemed your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any changes and the reasonableness of these standards for notice of changes.